UPDATE: The SAV03 is no longer available for purchase, having been upgraded to the SAV04
The new SAV04 is battery operated, allowing ease of transportation with your patient, thereby allowing uninterrupted ventilation when moving between rooms or in the event of a power cut.
Also, the enhanced SAV04 has new alarms and a new valve design which can support larger animals up to 40kg for short-term or emergency use.
Trade in your old SAV03 and receive a £250.00 discount off the price of a new SAV04.
Accessories and consumables are still available for your Capnovet-10.
THE SAV03 is a mains-powered, pressure cycled ventilator designed by vets for use on intubated animals up to 10kg in weight. Using the incoming gas from your anaesthetic machine, the SAV03 controls the gas delivered to the patient in the inspiratory phase until a set airway pressure is reached, at which point the patient is allowed to exhale. A user-defined delay then elapses before inspiration begins again and the cycle repeats. By using pressure cycled ventilation it is easy to ventilate even very small animals safely. The peak airway pressure can be adjusted to control the depth of respiration. This airway pressure is shown on a clear bright digital display together with valve status indicators for instant visual feedback on the state of your patient. The SAV03 can be safely used in mammals, birds and reptiles for procedures lasting from minutes to hours.
Key Features of the SAV03 – Small Animal Ventilator
- Simple yet versatile to use
- Small unobtrusive unit
- Works on a whole range of species
- Independent control of inspiratory and expiratory parameters
- For animals from a few grams to over 10kg
- Fits neatly on the operating table or anaesthetic machine
- Will work with any standard anaesthetic machine
- Has standard 15mm connectors for ET tubes
- Clear digital display and status indicators
- Working range from 1 to 40 cm H2O pressure
- Mains powered with automatic fail-safe mode
- intended use: Domestic animals up to 10kg in weight
- anaesthetic apparatus configuration : T-piece with halothane / n20 / o2 mixture in a non-rebreathing circuit. Non-rebreathing circuits only.
- mode of operation : IPPV by outlet occlusion/pressure cycled device.
- preset trigger range : 0 – 40 centimetres water pressure
- resolution : 1 centimetre water pressure
- expiratory phase range : 1 to 30 seconds
- respiratory rate range : 2 to 60 breaths per minute (depending on inspiratory flow rate)
- Dimensions: 15cm x 18cm x 8cm
- Weight: 1400g
- Construction: ABS Plastic in Black with front tilt feet
- supply voltage : 240 volts 50hz AC mains only. European & USA versions available
- power consumption : 10 watts
- rear panel fuse rating : 800 mA
- plug fuse rating : 3 amps
|Operating Manual for SAV03|
|Artificial Ventilation - Theory into Practice|
|Comparative Techniques in Ventilation|
|Monitoring, Ventilation & Capnography Dec 2006|
|Practical considerations in anaesthetising exotic species|
|Ready To Ventilate Manual Form|